Walk in Wisdom 15 See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, 16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, 20 giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Paul reminds us of some simple, yet powerful principles, that are both necessarily and important for us to live a powerful life in the Spirit. Here they are;
1. Walk in wisdom, understanding apart from God is foolishness.
2. Walk upright, realizing that we are bent over from the weight of sin, but Christ takes the weight and burden of sin.
3. Redeeming the time, we have an urgency that is upon us to be ".....the salt and light."
4. Don't be unwise, for us there is responsibility to seek the will of God.
5. Understand, Do we really understand the heart of a Holy God?
6. Intoxication with sin and worldliness leads the numbing of the mind and Spirit. But rather being filled with the Holy Spirit. That filling leaves no room for the flesh.
7. Speaking to one another, how can we best speak on behalf of The Lord. Psalms, hymns, spiritual songs!
8. Giving thanks, according to what he has just said in these verses, Paul reminds us that all things are from the Father.
"Father help us to live and walk according to direction of the Holy Spirit."